Our Story

Return Home

About First National Bank of Sycamore

The following history of the First National Bank of Sycamore is presented in a historic basis to remind all of us that this country has continually endured and prospered during extraordinary times. The same is true of the First National Bank of Sycamore.

Scroll

1919

In 1919

First National Bank of Sycamore is founded by 96 community members who raised $50,000 capital selling shares at $100 a piece. The original address of the bank is 115 S Sycamore Ave, Sycamore Ohio and Meric Vance is appointed bank President

1929

1929

Bank enters Great Depression era with total assets at $317,000

1941

1941

Bank assets total $636,000 post-depression, and WWII is in full swing. Dr. C.W. Montgomery becomes bank President

1946

1946

George Lust becomes the third President of First National Bank of Sycamore

1950

1950

Bank assets top $1,792,000

1957

1957

Paul Konkle is appointed the fourth President of First National Bank of Sycamore

1962

1962

First National Bank builds a new headquarters in Sycamore and the bank moves to 141 S Sycamore Ave, Sycamore OH.  Assets grow to $3,400,000

1971

1971

Keith Mohr becomes the fifth President of First National Bank of Sycamore

1976

1976

McCutchenville Branch is opened at 64 S State Highway 53, McCutchenville, OH, and assets top $11,000,000

1994

1994

Fred Malone becomes the sixth President of First National Bank of Sycamore

1997

1997

FNB purchases New Riegel Branch at 10 E. Tiffin Street, New Riegel OH and total assets surpass $57,000,000

1999

1999

Dean Keller becomes the seventh President of First National Bank of Sycamore

2001

2001

Bank assets top $75,000,000

2016

2016

Renovation of the Sycamore headquarters is completed

2018

2018

Tiffin Branch is opened at 2353 W Market Street, Tiffin OH as a loan production office

2020

2020

Tiffin office becomes a full retail branch

2023

2023

Jerry Weininger becomes the eighth President of the bank, assets top $200,000,000